The Hex Workshop Hex Editor is a set of hexadecimal development tools for Microsoft Windows, combining advanced binary editing with the ease and flexibility of a word processor.Whats new in version 220.127.116.1108:
The Hex Workshop Hex Editor by BreakPoint Software is a complete set of hexadecimal development tools for Microsoft Windows 2000 and later. Hex Workshop integrates advanced binary editing and data interpretation and visualization with the ease and flexibility of a modern word processor. With the Hex Workshop, you can edit, cut, copy, paste, insert, fill and delete binary data. You can also work with data in its native structure and data types using our integrated structure viewer and smart bookmarks. Data editing is quick and easy with our extensive features that allow you to: jump to file or sector location, find or replace data, perform arithmetic, bitwise, and logical operations, binary compare files, generate checksums and digests, view character distributions and export data to RTF or HTML for publishing.
Hex Workshop includes a Sector Editor with disk imaging tools, a Base Converter for converting between hex, decimal and binary data types, a Hex Calculator supporting arithmetic and bitwise operations, an expression calculator supporting variables, conditionals, iteration and arithmetic and bitwise operations, and a data visualizer designed to help you visually identify patterns and interesting data from rendered images. Also included is our Data Inspector that allows you to quickly edit and view data in decimal, floating point or time and date representations.
- Rich Feature Set
- Highly Customizable User Interface
- Data Interpretation and Parsing
- Integrated Binary ComparisonHex Workshop' 18.104.22.16808 is Shareware Source Editors software design by BreakPoint Software, Inc..
It runs on following operating system: Windows XP / 2003 / Vista / XP X64 / 2008 / Vista64 / 7 / 7 x64Hex Workshop key features:
- Cut, Copy, Paste, Insert, Fill, and Delete Hex.
- Multilevel Undo and Redo
- ASCII, DOS, EBCDIC, Macintosh, Window, Unicode or custom character set filters.
- Highlight hex/text sequences using Color Maps
- View modified bytes in a unique color
- Select by offset/length, Select All
- Paste Special (any format on the clipboard)
- Insert File a file or replace selection with the contexts of a File
- Drag and drop files onto Hex Workshop for quick editing
- Select "Hex Edit" from windows Right-Click context menus to view/edit files
- Context sensitive online help
- Color maps help visually pick out hex strings
- View character distributions of your document
- Hex values can be grouped by byte, word, long, quad, or 16 bytes
- Specify the bytes per line (1-64) or let Hex Workshop fit to window
- User-definable font and character mapping
- User-definable colors for the offset, odd columns, even column, hex area background, text area background, modified bytes, separator lines, find all instances, highlighted structures, highlighted bookmarks, and compare results.
- Specify significant digits for floating porint/double rendering
- User-definable short-cut keys
- Enable/Disable warnings and notification message
- Workbook mode allows you to switch between open documents quickly
- Sector edit paritions or physical disks
- Copy sectors between disks and partitions
- Save Sector Ranges to a file
- Restore Sector Range from a file
- Checksum Generation
- Data Inspector
- Base Converter
- Hex Calculator
• Users can now expand or collapse all top level root structures from the "Tools\\Structure Viewer" menu.
• Child structures can be fully expanded or collapsed from either the "Tools\\Structure Viewer" menu or the right-click structure viewer context menu.
• The right-click document context menu\'s relative and absolute jump to offset functionality now supports 64-bit values.
• The Fill bytes option is now enabled when editing disks and drives.
• Hex Workshop occasionally failed to insert data to a new or zero byte file.
• Unnecessary application startup delays were removed when starting without a network connection.
• Users may now copy text from the Results\' Output Window.
• Users may now copy and paste within the toolbar\'s goto offset and goto sector text controls.
• Hex Workshop was unable to write license files in some situations.
• User are now forced to overwrite data as opposed to inserting and deleted data when working with fixed length sectors. S5 r...Requirements:Operating system:
Windows XP / 2003 / Vista / XP X64 / 2008 / Vista64 / 7 / 7 x64Release notes: